A real classic cake. If you dont want the orange juice in the cake you can just add 1 dl. more water. There is a lot of sugar in, but this is a big cake.
400 g. sugar
200 g. butter
1 ½ dl. milk
½ dl. orange zest or orange juice
400 g. flour
6 tbsp. cocoa powder
3 tsp. vanilla sugar
4 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 dl. water
Glace if you want
this is going to fill a big baking pan
1. whip the eggs and sugar white and fluffy
2. Melt the butter and add the milk and orange zest/juice. Put it in the sugar and eggs mixture
3. In another bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, vanilla sugar and baking powder. (sift it in if you want to)
4. Pour in the water while mixing.
5. Put the batter in a big baking pan. Bake it in a 180 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Let the cake cool down before putting on the glace
Let me now if you make this and tag the picture on instagram with the #foodwithguldbrand
Hope you like it.
I love cake, and sometimes it is okay to treat yourself with a little peace of cake.
I’ve been craving lemon for little while now and I decided to make a sponge cake beacuse they are so easy to make.
250 g. Sugar
250 g. butter
250 g. flour
Zest and juce og 1 lemon
1 teaspoon og baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
The butter should be soft, so put it out of the fridge 1 hourh before you have to use it.
When the butter is soft mix it with the sugar until it becomes light and creamy. Now mix in 1 egg at a time. It may seem like the batter has split, but it dosen’t have any affect on the cake when it has baked in the oven.
Add the lemon and mix again. Add the bakeing powder, vanilla and flour and mix it untill it comes togehter.
Put the batter in a bread pan lined with baking paper, it has be a pan that is little bit longer then a regular bread pan.
Now put the cake in a cold oven and turn it on at 175 degrees and bake it for 1 hourh. (Mybe a little bit less) My cake took about 55 min. to bake.
When the cake has cooled down you can eather clace it, or dust it with powdered sugar.
Now… eat! 😀